Style: Champagne, Non-Vintage, elegant and fruity
Tasting Note: A critically acclaimed Champagne, rich aromas of autumn fruit, honey and brioche notes. The palate is elegant, fruity and rich leading to a long refreshing finish.
Grape:60% Pinot Meunier, 25% Chardonnay & 15% Pinot Noir
Food Pairing: Excellent as an aperitif, delicious with smoked salmon or a selection of canapés. Works well with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or try with deep fried chicken crispy potatoes.
Producer: Beaumont des Crayères
In 1955, a group of wine growers from the village of Mardeuil joined forces to set up a champagne house, which was named Beaumont des Crayères after one of the finest hillsides in the village. Three quarters of their 86 hectare estate is located on the hillsides of Épernay with soils rich in chalk. Mardeuil is widely recognised as one of the best regions for cultivating Pinot Meunier, which is therefore the dominant variety for Beaumont des Crayères with a share of 60% of their vineyards given over to this variety. The remaining 40% is divided with 25% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Noir plantings. Beaumont des Crayères is one of the few champagne houses to enjoy the benefits of self-sufficiency, with their commitment to the production of elegant and refined champagnes resulting in the production of award-winning champagnes year after year.
Bottle Size: 75cl and 150cl
Vegan Friendly: Yes
Vegetarian Friendly: Yes
Residual sugar: 10g/l
Press/Review: Wine Spectator – 90 Points Gilbert and Gaillard – 87 Points
(60% pinot meunier, 25% chardonnay and 15% pinot noir) Bright gold with a steady mousse. Fresh apple and pear on the nose, with a subtle mineral undercurrent. Light-bodied citrus and orchard fruit flavors are precise and straightforward, offering good back-end mineral cut. A clean, lithe style that will work nicely with raw bivalves and mollusks.
(Made from 60% pinot meunier, 25% chardonnay and 15% pinot noir; L 105 040 12): Light gold. Pear, quince, candied citrus fruits, honey and herbs on the fragrant nose and in the mouth. Fleshy and expansive on entry, then firmer in the middle, with a nervy spine of acidity adding lift. Finishes on a spicy note, with lingering honey and tangerine nuances.
Serving Temperature: 8°C-10°C